Friday, August 27, 2010


FRIDAYS BOOK REVIEW


I just finished reading "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Ruben.In this book she dedicates a year for her happiness project, each month she tackeled a new set of resolutions.There are a lot of books on happiness on the book shelves but i found this book easiest to understand and may be she does address a lot of the things that trouble me.I have always been in search of happiness, I read over and over again that it is inside me and around me and that I don't have to go to the other side of the earth to find it, but did not know where to start.My daughter handed this book to me and said"Mom I think you will love this book".She was right because I could not put it down.

In this book she talks aboput the differences between goals and resolutions and also one has to start with "ME" , then others around you may change for themselves also.Like Gretchen I also have to find ways to eliminate bad feelings generated by snapping, being overly sensitive, not forgiving and also also givng myself an excuse for that behavoiur because I am always in pain.I do want to develop into a light hearted, kind and happy spirit,I know it is not going to be easy but small steps is all I need to take and make a resolution to stay with it.

This book is a good read because it gives you tips and scenarios to help you understand better.I also learned that contrary to some belief that money can buy you happiness if used wisely.This book has inspired me to do my own happiness projest.I hope you guys will come aboard with me.

12 comments:

Priya 11:15 AM  

Seems interesting and will keep that in mind Starry. How have you been?

Renu 9:32 PM  

My daughter also suggested this book..this writer and her book is always mentioned in Woman's day.

Even I am very unforgiving and this is one trait which brings lot of pain and hurt in my life..but its so difficult to change.

Thulasy Mary Elizabeth,  8:57 AM  

Thanks for Sharing.

trinitystar 12:41 PM  

I have been looking at this too Starry. Happiness comes from within. I grumble about my pains constantly ... till I stop myself in process and realise there are those that are much worse off then myself. Mind, body and soul ... have all got to connect and we smile ... Smiling helps others ... giving just a hand ... it all has a knock on effect ... I look at my grand daughter and she has laughing eyes, smiles when she wakes up in the morning ... giggles ... we have forgotten all that because we are tied to all that goes on around us. Think of yourself, treat yourself, pamper yourself ... do the things that you like doing ...

starry 10:17 AM  

Thanks Priya.

starry 10:18 AM  

Renu..I think it is a good book,Yes some of the changes we have to make are hard but can be done one day at a time.

starry 10:19 AM  

Thulasy..thanks and welcome to my blog.please stop by again.

starry 10:19 AM  

Trinity star..thank you so much.

Unknown 11:22 AM  

reading this was happines itself!
do sto by my blog again.
thanks!

Jeevan 4:46 AM  

Hope reading this book gives u nice feel and helps replacing the pain into smile and happiness. of course, the true happiness come from the heart. Take care dear

geeth 2:22 AM  

Hope I have the time to read it sometime.. thanks for sharing :)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ 8:32 PM  

how r u ?

i dont think i'll get a chance to read the book

Post a Comment